MSC Fourm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MSC Fourm

Map Showing Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED!  Empty Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED! Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Rexi Wood

Intern Member
Intern Member

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/
gogogogoogog LOOK OH ♥♥♥♥

What we know (summary):
--Update will be on Wednesday
--Co-op Gamemode made up of 6 people and "ALL CLASSES are capable to be used" Valve Employee stated this
--Day one talks about the machines. Day two talks about the "Mercs" which is possibly the new weapons, and Day three might talk about the "rewards" one might obtain from either killing each bot or winning against the invasion!
--There are "Special Robots" and "Regular Robots." Although we don't know any of the normal ones, from the first picture, it might just be stock weapon robots (but again no certain proof). Aside from special weapon robots, there are also "Sentry Busters" which aside from the given is unknown how the machine works.
--New map: Mannworks

Server Information:
-- There will be a lobby system (like in l4d) to setup the setting one wants for the server they are going to join.
-- Servers will 'HAVE' to be registered to play on the map (like the halloween maps). This is significant because it adds more evidence to obtaining items from completing objectives.
-- Even though it is only a 6man game, the CPU requirements are the same as a 24 slot server. This is significant because it gives an idea with the mass spam of bots a group might face Shocked

Misc Info:

-- Servers will be able to switch between co-op and PvP
-- Most of Valve's server will turn into MvM only servers. Although the speed at which this will be done for the update is unknown. (the traffic alone scares me with how hard it might be to find an open server when the update starts)

**STAY TUNED TO THE FIRST POST, IT WILL BE UPDATED WITH FACTS AS THEY COME!

Last edited by Typo Hui on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:22 am; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved and added more detail - Typo)

2Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED!  Empty Re: Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED! Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member

Yeah I should of posted the comic last night but derped I guess Razz Still... Guys I AM GOING to fix up the server just for this... We 3 would be UNBEATABLE. But we need to decided what classes us 3 should play... Unless spy gets something specifically useful I guess he will not be as good as pyro, soldier or demo. I would love to play medic in something like this as well.

And btw, I might move this (and edit some) to the news area... It needs to have some usefulness lol (and remember you can post in them!)

https://msccommuntiy.forumotion.com

3Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED!  Empty Re: Mann Vs Machine Update ANNOUNCED! Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 am

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member

Added some new info from the server mailing list I get:

-- There will be a lobby system (like in l4d) to setup the setting one wants for the server they are going to join.
-- Servers will 'HAVE' to be registered to play on the map (like the halloween maps). This is significant because it adds more evidence to obtaining items from completing objectives.
-- Even though it is only a 6man game, the CPU requirements are the same as a 24 slot server. This is significant because it gives an idea with the mass spam of bots a group might face Shocked

Misc Info:

-- Servers will be able to switch between co-op and PvP
-- Most of Valve's server will turn into MvM only servers. Although the speed at which this will be done for the update is unknown. (the traffic alone scares me with how hard it might be to find an open server when the update starts)

https://msccommuntiy.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum