MSC Fourm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MSC Fourm

Map Showing Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions of the Ouya?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Opinions of the Ouya? Empty Opinions of the Ouya? Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 pm

jdhthegr8

Intern Member
Intern Member

I'm... cautiously optimistic about it. I want to see it succeed. What do you guys think? Have you heard of it, and if so, what do you think of it?

Here's some info: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

2Opinions of the Ouya? Empty Re: Opinions of the Ouya? Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member

hmm, VERY intriguing, I would certainly give this a shot (even as a person that has retired mostly from consoles). On a personal scale, the only real issue is wondering if my thumbs can play it (THANK YOU NINTENDO AND YOUR PRESS A+B).

But yeah, I can understand why you would be optimistic. The idea is great, giving the indie devs more freedom and ease to make games for it, and it being inexpensive has all the pros to work, but raising the money to finish the project sounds somewhat lacking right now.

Also looks like it would be portable as well (meaning bring it to a friends house or something) :3

https://msccommuntiy.forumotion.com

3Opinions of the Ouya? Empty Re: Opinions of the Ouya? Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 am

jdhthegr8

Intern Member
Intern Member

I mean this could bring real change to the console market. The first open-source, modding-encouraged console! And it'll have tons of free games! Very Happy

4Opinions of the Ouya? Empty Re: Opinions of the Ouya? Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member

jdhthegr8 wrote:I mean this could bring real change to the console market. The first open-source, modding-encouraged console! And it'll have tons of free games! Very Happy

Yeah I know, really is different. The ONLY current issue with this is that, in a round-about-way, this is ALREADY been done. I know several people right now that can plug in their android phone (or another android OS mobile device) into a TV and play any games (ranging from minecraft, any older games from the n64 to gba, and other games). Then for the controller, they use the wiimote attached with the classic controller.

Now that being said, this still is interesting. While generically speaking, it is already possible, this is a more organized way than editing a bunch of things to get it working. And we still don't know the hardware the cube device has (I WOULD HOPE it would be better than a phone).

I will certainly keep my eye on this (because I was thinking of getting an tablet or android phone to have mobile playability with old games like pokemon and fire emblem, and have options to throw it onto a tv). But if this is anything like I am thinking it will work for what I am wanting lol.

https://msccommuntiy.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum