Map Showing Community

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sword Art Online

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sword Art Online on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 am

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member
Maybe it is because the show is what I WISH a game could be (minus the ability to 'not' leave lol). But seriously, really interesting anime.

The time setting is near future (2ish decades), and this somewhat new technology which has the idea of virtual reality helmets. This highly expected game was finally released and only so many were able to purchase a copy. Everyone excitedly goes home and starts up the game, this is where the main character is seen - not fighting the crowds because you see he already owns the game; he is at home watching others. You quickly hear that the main character was in the beta and helps out a 'noob' player (once they are ingame playing and enjoying themselves). At around dinner time, the main character's friend says he is going to go and eat some pizza in the real world then come back later, but found he could not find where to log off from...

I will stop there because then comes all the rules and everyone freaking out. But I have enjoyed this anime quite a bit! Must watch if you are a guy that likes games >:3

In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called: Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now...

2 Re: Sword Art Online on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:55 am

jdhthegr8

Intern Member
Intern Member
I've heard quite a bit about this show. Consider it added to my to-watch list Arrow

View user profile

3 Re: Sword Art Online on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member
jdhthegr8 wrote:I've heard quite a bit about this show. Consider it added to my to-watch list Arrow

The only annoying part is this show and one or two others have not been weekly releasing new episodes because it sounds like they are somehow involved with the Olympics and not able to make the episodes. So I am not fully understanding why, but all I know is they are not releasing weekly Sad

4 Re: Sword Art Online on Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 am

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member
Review I made from Crunchyroll: *don't worry I don't spoil in reviews; I try to keep generic

Whether you're into adrenalin giving action, thrilling suspense, climactic drama, genuine romance, or if you're a gamer, sci-fi fan, or fantasy lover, you 'will' enjoy this show throughout the whole series!

Without going into specific detail, "Sword Art Online" has 2 different plots in the story. They are both basically what we have seen or heard in movies and games before, but "Sword Art Online" takes them and adds new specific twists that makes this show feel original and fresh.

Almost every episode has some form of fighting action involved. Don't worry about losing this action in the middle of a battle having flashback after flashback or casual talking with the enemy (and wasting an episode doing all this). If, by rare chance, there is any of that, it is short and does not lose any of the thrilling action that is happening at that moment. Since we are talking about action, let me add here that the animation of the show was A+ from what most other shows do; there is hardly any repetition in the fighting animations on a short-term scale (same battles) as well as long-term scale(comparing different battles).

Coming from a guy that hardly ever gets into the suspense of a show, I will admittedly say this is one of the few shows I ever get drawn up into the suspense within the action and even some of the drama. All of the happy and depressing moments actually kept my interest.

And finally the big bonus points I give this show is the romance. I am an action lover down to the core, but most shows can't join romance and action together without making it turn into moments (at least imo) that feel like filler for time in the episode or more importantly over dramatizing it. Not just is there the perfect amount of romance, but the romance also has a "genuine" feel with it. What I mean by this is it is not physical-driven love but intimacy on an physiological-scale. The last reason I give a lot of credit towards romance is the lack of "fan-service." Now I know to some this is a bad thing, but lets be honest here, if you compare the amount of anime that does to ones that don't, this is pretty uncommon; especially this show because there really is no fan-service; I am not counting the few times there was naked scenes because it was more drama driven, not for viewers pleasure or at least that's how I took it.

Overall, this show will always be a favorite. I personally rate it a 4.7/5. There is only one small plot-hole that I could find but it is not an easy to find plot-hole so I will not say what it is and possibly ruin the experience of this show for some. Like I said at the beginning, this show has something for everyone and I personally can't see a person that enjoys watching shows hate it more than love it!

5 Re: Sword Art Online on Mon May 27, 2013 1:30 am

Typo Hui

Fourm Member
Fourm Member
Finally, one more update:

They are going to dub the series, expect it to be on toonami in August! (you can also alternatively buy DVD or Bluray.)

Can't wait! Even more so since it is very hard to get rexi to watch subs Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum